Rice Village Animal Hospital, located in Houston, Texas, was established in 1976 and bought by Dr. Adam Miller in 2016. Dr. Miller’s vision for Rice Village Animal Hospital is one of exceptional client service, combined with advanced medical care. We gained our AAHA accreditation in 2001 which holds practices to the highest standard of care in veterinary medicine.
Our goal is to leave our clients with the knowledge and feeling that they are special, that their pets are special and that we are grateful to be trusted with their care.
Rice Village Animal Hospital exists to enhance the quality of life for pets and their owners, our valued clients. Our mission is to care for every animal as if it were our own and interact with each client as a highly valued customer. At all times we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner and practice only the highest quality of medicine.
- We will increase the quality of life for our patients through preventive care, diagnostics, early and effective treatment of disease processes and the relief of pain and suffering.
- We will be the patient’s advocate by client education. Each client will be informed of their pet’s welfare and needs in the most patient and understanding way recognizing their individual needs, desires, and circumstances.
- We will exceed our client’s expectations by treating them and their pets with the utmost respect, integrity, and compassionate care we can provide. We will nurture the client/patient/doctor bond and strive for a relationship that extends beyond the lifespan of this pet and any succeeding pets.
- We will assume the responsibility for individual growth in both skills and knowledge so that we might better serve the needs of our patients and clients.
- We will be compassionate and caring to our fellow team members and always strive to help one another fulfill the shared mission of healing animals. We will strive as a team to make RVAH the premiere veterinary hospital in this community in terms of passionate care, friendliness, and professionalism.
- Integrity how we handle situations when no one else is looking
- Unity recognizing that the result of the sum of the team is far superior to the results of one
- Passion and Compassion For People & Pets treating both people and pets as you would like yourself and family to be treated
- Family and Team Oriented we care about the whole person and invest in them like a parent would their child to see the team grow and thrive
- Fun an authentic expression or experience of freedom, joy and happiness. In shared experiences fun releases or creates a euphoria of a deeper bond between people.
“I love coming to this clinic! They are so caring, they listen to all my concerns and make me feel at ease. They were also so accommodating and gave me a same day appt. They are also so sweet to my kitty and treat him so kindly.” - Sarah, May 1, 2023
Our dedication to establishing a long and healthy relationship with our clients and their pets is what sets us apart from the many. We tailor our care around the needs of the animal and your unique family values. Our goal is to be your hospital for your lifetime, a relationship that is shared with children, relatives, and friends. Granting us the opportunity to see your family pets throughout the years.
Being a privately-owned practice means that we get the opportunity to continue to grow, both individually and as a team. We frequently have industry members come in to teach our team about new approaches to veterinary medicine. We are always willing to adjust our methods if it means that it benefits our clients and families.
We are also proud to offer the following unique services and leading-edge technologies:
- Complete in-house Idexx lab (including extensive education on the different diagnostics available through our reference lab)
- Digital x-ray system that allows results to be easily sent for further analysis if needed
- Portable ultrasound
- Highly trained doctors familiar with an extensive list of surgical procedures
- Strong referral relationships with oncologists and other specialists within our area
- Cloud based software that allows us the ability to use iPads for capturing signatures, greatly cutting down on our paper waste
Location & Hours
We are open the following hours:
- Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Sat & Sun: Closed
We are located in the Rice Village area of Houston, Texas just south of Interstate 69 for easy access for our clients at: